Well, my other half has been craving cheese cookies. His mom made them when he was a kid and I asked him last weekend what baked recipe he wanted me to try keto-fying. So, cheese cookies it is. His mom sent me her recipe and we were off to the races. Lo and behold, they turned out delicious. These are also dairy-free, for anyone who has sensitivities (like I appear to).
Keto Cream Cheese Cookies
(makes approx 45 cookies)
1 cup (8 Tbsp) butter (softened)
3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar Substitute
4 oz cream cheese (softened)
1.5 cups almond flour
1 cup coconut flour
(the dual flours were really helpful in balancing the recipe and not having it turn out too coconutty or almondy)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and Swerve with an electric mixer until you have even beads.
- Add cream cheese and mix.
- Mix in egg and each flour individually.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Use a spoon to form small balls of the dough (about an inch diameter).
- Press with fork
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Let set on the pan for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to continue cooling.
They will be a little brown at the edges and on the bottom, but don’t worry. They aren’t burnt. The boys both indulged in a few and I was told considering they’re made with nut flours they’re pretty darn close to the ones his mom made for him growing up. Win!